Monday, August 15, 2016

Review : Undertow by K.R. Conway

  



  ** BARNES AND NOBLE TEEN SELECTION 2015 - TOP 7 YA's THAT WILL LEAVE YOU
TERRIFIED OF THE OCEAN **

"Dawson's Creek meets Jaws and The Goonies in a twisted, supernatural tale unlike anything I've ever read. I am totally addicted!" - ARC reviewer


SUMMARY:

Eila Walker knows luck is not a friend, so she is downright shocked to inherit a million-dollar Cape Cod home. And yeah, her new town isn't perfect: the cheerleaders are heinous clones, the local undertow can kill ya, and her Great Grams was supposedly fried by lightning in the harbor square. Still, Eila is hopeful her luckless days are in the past . . . until history decides to repeat itself.

When Raef O’Reilly becomes her friendly, yet weirdly protective shadow, Eila thinks life is pretty darn perfect – until she is hauled beneath the waves by an unnatural undertow. Revealing coal-black eyes and iron-like strength as he rescues her, Raef can no longer hide what he is . . . or what she can do. Eila, last of her kind, can supposedly channel the power of human souls, while Raef is more adept at stealing them. Even worse, the legend about her ancestor isn't such a myth, since Eila’s grandmother was one kick-butt warrior until her lightning-like power backfired. A power that is written all over Eila's DNA.

Determined to stay one step ahead of a dangerous clan that is hunting her, Raef, along with three unlikely allies, will do all they can to protect her. But as hidden pieces of their brutal histories unravel, Eila begins to understand just what went down in the harbor square. She soon realizes that following in her grandmother’s fearless footsteps may be the only way to save those she loves . . . including Raef.



My thoughts: 

OK... first of all I got this ebook from Netgalley for a review.

I really do not where and how to start this review.
I guess I will start saying that I read 30% of it and I DNF it because it was awful. To me a good book has to engage you since the beginning and it did not happen with this. I am surprised that it has so many good reviews. The only good thing about this book was the cover.
This book was super duper boring, there was nothing to it that would make me want to go to the next page to see what was going to happen next.
Most of what I have read was about how her days were at school and what Eila did. but nothing has to do with the story.
* Mean cheerleaders that did not like the new girl... boring....
*Eila's parents were dead, Ana's parents were dead and gone, Kian and Raef parents were dead.
(Now so far everyone was dead, the situation might have changed further in the book because I had the feeling that everyone was supernatural and they don't have parents, period, but I do not know because I did not finish it and I did not care to finish it.) Anyway am I the only one tired to read about orphan teens?
* Everyone was acting like they new each other, like they were hiding something, but they never said anything, they passed suspicious glances between them , it was pretty obvious that something was going on between the characters, and it seemed to me that the author tried to keep it as a mystery but it failed, Eile was the only idiot that had not idea that something was up to.
I like to be surprised by the turn o event from characters whenever I least expect it.
This was so pretty obvious.
*All the characters were boring, they did not even seem like teens.

View all my reviews

 

No comments :

Post a Comment