Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Worth a Revisit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme offered up a lot of options, most of which boiled down to which characters do you think are worth a revisit after the series or book ended. This is our first TTT in a while, since tax season ate up all of my free time! But this is a great list topic to get back into the swing of things :) 

Way back in middle school, my brother's girlfriend at the time had this in a sack of books that she was going to take and donate to Goodwill. Being the budding hoarder that I was, I dug through the bag and grabbed a dozen or so books out of it to give shot. I almost passed this one up, with a title I totally didn't get, but the cover (not this one pictured), was pretty enough that I gave it a shot! And I am glad I did! I fell in love with Jess and Carey so much, and it would be years before I even knew it was part of a trilogy. But still, I would love for Durgin to revisit Jess and Carey and see what kind of trouble they have gotten into since we last saw them. 


 This was one of my favorite books in middle school, and I would really love to know what happened to Charlotte after this book. 
I don't think I have ever really talked about these books, but they are probably the books that I re-read the most throughout middle school. I fell in love with Jessie and her rebellious attitude. It was amazing, watching her grow throughout the book. I would really love to see what Jessie is doing now, and if she still rafts. I always kind of thought she would give back and start working at the same place that changed her life so much. This is also one of the few books that I really associate with the music I was listening to at the time I read it. To this day, I cannot hear a James Taylor song (especially Sweet Baby James) without wanting to go home and pick up this series. We are heading out to California in a few weeks and going to stop by the Grand Canyon on our way back. You better believe I am going to have both of these books to re-read while we are there :) 

This one was difficult, in terms of which Tamora Pierce book I would want to revist this most. I mean, all of Pierce's heroines are amazing, and it would be amazing if each of them had another follow up book. But I really think I would like to see a Daine/Numair follow up the most.  
This one if kind of cheating, since she has written a lot of follow up short stories and novellas. But it's never enough! I want another trilogy with Derek and Chloe. Heck, I'd even be happy to share another trilogy with Dean and Maya! 







You know Allyson and I always twist out TTT a little :) Well I am going to do that with some from my list today.

I Haven't read the books but I watched the show and I LOVE it! The Main male character, who is an Alien.... OMG I think this is going to take too long, let me see if I can explain with not to many words...

Max, Michael and Isabel were aliens. Max and Isabel were adopted and Michael went to a foster family.  They did not know what to do with their powers when growing up, they had no guidance and they had to hide it from their parents. So when Max had a baby with some Alien girl (I cant remember her name) he decided to give the baby up for adoption. That surprised me, because this child growing up will develop his powers and he will have no idea what is happening to him...

So, based on this, I would love to see a new Roswell show about Max's child trying to find out who he is, where he comes from and trying to find his parents. I also would love to know what happened to Kyle, Max, Isabel, Maria, Michael and Liz after they left town. It would be cool to have a TV show or a movie after Roswell and Max's son.

I do not know where or how I picture Constantine right now, but I need a sequel to this book to tell me about him! This was such a great book I can't believe she did not write a sequel.

I stopped reading the Iron Fey Series after the fourth book was all about the prince Ass.... sorry I meant Ash. So, after this fourth book I have no idea what happened in the series. I don't even think I finished reading it so I need to know what happened to my true love Puck!
Yes! Puck needs his own books, I want to know what happened to him.


Patch and Nora! I would love to read more of them. Maybe being parents of a teenager. That'd be cool!

2 comments :

  1. I love Charlotte Doyle too! And yes to Sunshine as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I missed reading a lot of these as a kid! (the ones that have been around for a while, that is;))

    ReplyDelete