Thursday, October 01, 2015

Review : Mist on Water by Shea Berkley






Mist on Water

Long ago, in a far off land, there rose a tale as old as the earth.

As long as Ryne can remember, his parents told him to beware the nix in the lake. From the day he was born, the tale of the nix and how she demanded Ryne as her prize for setting his captured father free has defined Ryne's life. No matter what he does, he can't shed its curse...in everyone's eyes, Ryne is doomed to die.

Nari is the only one who befriends Ryne, and loves him without fear despite the villagers' relentless jeers. But when Ryne disappears beneath the cold waters of the lake, everyone believes he's dead. Everyone except Nari.

Now it's up to Nari to defy her family, her village and the legend of the nix to bring Ryne back from his watery prison or they'll both be lost. forever.




 My Thoughts

Thanks to Xpresso Book Tours for the review copy.


This is the kind of book that I am not sure about it. I kind of liked it, I thought that the writing and the world she built up for the story were great! But it was a little bit boring I was expecting to see more about the Nix, for some reason I had pictured in my head that the nix was going to be Ryne's love interest and I would see more of her.
The book has three parts: Ryne, The Nix and Nari.
Ryne's part is was kind of boring , talks about his curse and his struggles of growing up being the cursed one.Nothing really excited happened in this part.

The Nix's part: I SUPER LOVED her part, The writing was it was magical , it was perfect,it was beautiful to read about her and the love for her man and the sorrow for her baby :( and how betray became hate. I was fascinated with part 2.

Nari's part. This third part was OK for me I did not read anything excited other than rescuing the love of her like.

I still kind of liked it. I thought that 3 stars was too low because o the writing style which was excellent so here you have a 4 stars .



No comments :

Post a Comment